Based on the course design, and learning objectives. Please share your comments, concerns, frustrations, and highlights.
- Did the course meet your expectations? Yes
- How was the workload? The work overload was perfect.
- Do you feel you will apply some of the concepts learned in the course (if so, which ones) Yes in time.
Based on your Module topics, what did you find new and interesting? And what appeared to be a review? Also, identify at least one discussion post you found interesting, helpful, or beneficial (and why).
Topics covered in this module
- Problem formulation
- Decision analysis without probabilities
- Decision analysis with probabilities
- Decision analysis with sample information
- Computing branch probabilities with Bayes’ Theorem
- Utility theory
By the end of this module, students should be able to:
- Explain payoff tables and decision trees
- Identify different approaches: optimistic, conservative and minimax regret
- Discuss sensitivity and risk analysis
- Identify decision strategy
- Compute branch probabilities with Bayes’ Theorem
- Explain utility theory