1. Define the following terms:
- Descriptive statistics
- Scales of measurement
- Measures of central tendency
- Frequency distributions
- Correlation coefficient
- Effect size
- Multiple regression
2. How are group means, percentages, and correlations used to describe research results?
3. How can graphs be used to describe and summarize data?
4. A researcher is studying reading rates in milliseconds per syllable. What scale of measurement—nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio—is time in milliseconds? Explain your response.
5. Under what circumstances is the median or mode a better measure of central tendency than the mean? Explain your response.
6. True or false: The standard deviation and the range are sensitive to outliers. Explain your response.
7. True or false: The standard deviation can never be 0. Explain your response.