Based on this article:
- What main argument (or claim) does the author make?
- Summarize the reasons the author uses to support the claim.
- What viewpoints may audience members have that oppose the author’s main argument?
- Is the author biased? Why or why not? What does it mean to be biased?
- What is the most compelling evidence that the writer presents?
- After reading the article, what do you know about the audience it is intended for? What is one example in the text of the author specifically writing to the audience?
- Write your responses in complete sentences.
- Justify and support your responses.
- Avoid copying text directly from the article. This is considered plagiarism and is not acceptable. Your answers must be written in your own words; however, it is understood that you will use the information from your article.