1) In your own words, define intersectionality and describe it’s importance within the context of public health:
2) Using the DSM-5 (use this link, you will need to be on UCSD VPN), find a mental disorder that interests you and briefly describe the disorder and clinical symptoms (2-3 sentences): (https://dsm.psychiatryonline.org/doi/book/10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596 Links to an external site.)
3) What are the types of risk factors for substance use? Give 1 example for each.
4) What are the three types of prevention strategies for control of drug abuse? Briefly describe each in 1-2 sentences.
5) Find a harm reduction program of interest and briefly describe the goals/objectives, target population, and scope of the program (i.e., is it based in a city, state-wide program).