Level 1 establishes the foundation for effective business presentations based on emotional intelligence principles aiding the effort to connect with an audience. As suggested in the Level 1 material, emotions influence decision making. As such, I would say that a strong connection with the target audience is very important. Level 1 activities introduce the following concepts:
- The emotional motivation
- Building your team
- Choosing the emotional motivator
- Relationship building
- Reading the room
- Emotive interviewing
- Clues in surroundings
While reflecting on the material offered in the Presentation Skills Course and developing your paper, consider prior learning and prior work experience, in addition to the material presented. Disagreeing with the principles presented in Level 1 is appropriate. However, do not reject the offered principles out of hand. Support acceptance or rejection of the offered principles with critical thinking and sound reasoning. To complete this assignment, you will need to select one of the approaches offered in one of the above videos to refer to in the below bullet points.
In your paper,
- Compare and contrast the selected approach with the approach selected in Level 1 of the EI Games: Presentation Skills Course.
- Summarize a minimum of four significant differences between the selected approach and the approach selected in Level 1 of the EI Games: Presentation Skills Course.
- Explain which of the approaches would work best in your workplace environment, based upon the results of your comparison exercise and your knowledge of your operating environment.
Connecting With Your Audience paper
- Must be four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style